Wednesday 1 February 2012

Winter Break (part 1 - Suzhou)

"Bor Hung, your last entry dates 'Tuesday, 22 November 2011'. If nothing interesting happened for you in the last 2 months, then you must truly be a boring person. I will unfriend you."

This was a message I got from Shun Yang. Seeing it, I was truly scared and decided to update my blog with the my eventful winter break :P. 

Well, after my exams in December, I went back to Suzhou to visit my parents. At that time, I had no idea that that holiday would be one that changed my life. 


I got back to Suzhou, and spend Christmas and New Years day with my parents. On Christmas eve, my dad invited a bunch of friends to our house to celebrate christmas, wanting to keep it a secret from my mom. She found out anyway. On New Years day, my parents and I went to the Suzhou gardens to walk around. It was a really good day to spend with the family with me seeing some amazing calligraphy in those gardens that just make mine look like a kid's writing. 

I spent New Years Eve with Qian Ting though. That was the first time we went out alone, but not as a couple. I'll get onto that later.


I also improved my calligraphy a lot during the time I was in Suzhou. I basically spent all my day time playing piano, writing calligraphy or sports if I didn't go out with my friends. It was really great to meet Song Jin, Celine, Kevin Wang, Grace, Michelle, Jia Yen and Steve. Steve stayed over at my house for a night on the 3rd of January. We basically played starcraft, watched a movie, watched some really funny MVs and chat. Oh, we also played a game of chess, which I lost in...


On the 4th of January, I went out with Qian Ting again. This time, we basically did sports, including dancing which I didn't participate in =.= It was also a pretty cold day, but she wore so little. I feel bad cause she was wearing like 2 layers and I was wearing 4! I gave her a writing of my calligraphy as a gift that day. I went home very happy.


That was the last time I saw her in Suzhou so far. We continued to chat on skype at night. She would then visit HK at the end of January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment