Wednesday 1 February 2012

Winter Break (part 2 - HK)

I got back to my dorm from Suzhou about 2 hours in the 8th of January 2012. It was nice being back in a place where I could live with extreme freedom, but it was also sad that my holiday life was basically over and I could not see my parents and a particular girl very much anymore.

On the 9th, my industrial training started. The first training was extremely boring because the lecturer did not even attempt to make the course interesting, and also because the course lacked challenge. The next week, I worked in a computer lab. There was basically no lecturing and I had to learn all the tasks in a book. I was given 32 hours to finish the work, but my partner and I were determined to get out of there as fast as possible. We managed to finish the tasks in 10 hours and didn't go for two out of 4 days of the training.The training was basically windows server administration, a portion of which I knew because of the things I did in order to play DotA in SSIS. Who says DotA isn't educational?!

The rest of the week, I didn't do much except practicing more calligraphy and playing the piano. I also started reading inheritance. I continued to chat with Qian Ting every night.

On the 17th of January, I decided I wanted to ask Qian Ting to be my girlfriend. I started writing the letter which was meant to express such desire. I decided to write it in calligraphy. However, every time I tried to write it, I would grow nervous and the writing would look terrible. I failed to finish writing a good letter by the end of the 17th. I kept trying, writing into the night, and at about 2 am in the morning, I finally did it! It took more than 10 tries, but I did it!

On the night of the 18th of January, I took a picture of the letter and sent it to Qian Ting, to my amazement, she said yes and my life changed.

From here onward, I won't get into the details regarding Qian Ting as I found out there are many people who reads this blog that I don't know about ^_^.

She visited HK on the 26th of January. That was the first time I went out with her as a couple. It was really nice as I got to see her and know things about her. Things that couldn't be communicated through the internet. We went to 星光大道 and walked there basically. We only had 2 hours. My 3rd industrial training also started on the 26th of January. It was the best industrial training among the three because I got to make things I actually could use. I made an electronic organ as well as a decision maker. The organ took me about 8 hours to make and the decision maker about 3 hours.

Back to Qian Ting. I went out with her again on the 28th of January. This time, we had a lot more time, about 4 and a half hours. We went to the space museum to watch a show. The chairs were very comfortable, the lights were dim and the music was soothing. I fell asleep in the show holding her hand. It was the most pleasant sleep I have ever had, knowing she was there. If time could be stopped, I would have stopped it right there. Until I was bored, then I would fast forward by a second, and stop it again. And so that goes on until the end of the day. After that, we went to Sham Shui Po for a walk. It was nice, experiencing the freedom of life and having someone to share that with. But sudden urges of sadness would jump up when I remember that she was leaving tomorrow.

We then went back to her hotel and after a goodbye, I left. It was a truly beautiful day. If this were the last day of my life, the only thing I would have changed is that I would have had dinner with her. Since that wasn't an option for me that day, I had no regrets, except that I wasn't good enough at physics to build a time machine.

The next few days up until yesterday, we see each other through skype. But to me, seeing her through skype is so different compared to the perfect day we had together.

My school started today as well. Its doing quite well, and I might write an entry about my life again soon. If Shun Yang threatens me with our friendship again, I just might.

Lastly, here's a picture of Qian Ting and I on the 28th of January, in my memory, that would remain to be the best day of my life ... so far.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? WHAT'S THIS? BORHUNG IS EVOLVING! (PRESS B TO CANCEL)

    ...
    ....
    .....
    (!)
    BORHUNG HAS EVOLVED INTO A LIVING, FEELING, LOVING HUMAN BEING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB


    hahaha. Player found Everstone. take that borhung.

    ReplyDelete