Sunday 21 August 2011

The room with 4 walls, and nothing between

That's basically my room for the 3 coming nights. After clearing everything out of my wardrobe and drawers, my room basically had 4 walls and nothing of mine in between save for a bed. As I packed, I went through a lot of things that were completely unnecessary yet I spent quite some effort to achieve.

I saw a little model of the great wall of China, which I spent 30 minutes bargaining to get, and after buying it, I leave it in my room, never to touch it, and after 2 years, throw it away.

I also saw the many stationary I took from school, such as erasers, markers... Those were good times, sneaking them into our bags, feeling so satisfied, yet never using them.

I guess I really should stop worrying about little things that do not contribute to my life's meaning or have a strong emotional impact on me. I do feel especially bad as, I get hooked on to things that do not contribute to my life, and refuse to give or sometimes even to lend them to other people, most notably my sister. I have so often refused to give things like a new eraser or lend my harry potter books to her. And I think for many of those things, I haven't touched till now since the time she asked for it.

I should really learn to give more to those that I do not feel emotionally attracted to. If you get what I mean... heh heh.

Well, the 2 days I spent packing, letting me look through all my useless belongings have been rather fun. When I look back at things I wrote or bought 5 years ago, it really makes me laugh at myself. How interesting it would be if I could visit myself in the past, or better... get a visit from myself in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I totally understand you with the books thing. But stationary...I just don't use it because I want it to be forever 'new'. But now I just gave them all away to my little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just had to get rid of a bunch of books :(

    ReplyDelete